Job Title: Shelver
FT/PT: Part-time Position
Hours/Schedule: 12-15 hours per week – weekday afternoons and evenings: Saturdays and Sundays
Hourly Rate: $8.25 per hour
The Bartlett Public Library has a position open in our Circulation Department. This position will be responsible for providing correct shelving and handling of all materials within the Library.
- Perform alphanumeric sorting and filing tasks
- Arrange returned material on book carts and re-shelves in library stacks in proper order
- Assist in maintaining book stacks by shelving, facing, shelf reading, etc.
- Retrieve Hold requests
- Manage items on Missing status
- Ability to alphabetize material and follow shelving guidelines
- Basic computer skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with patrons and co-workers of all backgrounds
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
This position is frequently required to stand and employee must be able to bend and stretch to move book carts up to 25 lbs and shelve materials.
Bartlett Public Library District
800 South Bartlett Road
Bartlett, IL 60103
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Positions available September, 2014
Equal Opportunity Employer
The BPLD Career Networking Blog contains information regarding job fairs, local employment, and library job searching programs.
Links to sites for Library Jobs:
Illinois Library Association Jobline
American Library Association Joblist
MLS Career Central