FT/PT: Two Part-time Positions
Hours/Schedule: 15 hours per week – includes afternoons, evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays
Hourly Rate: $9.50 per hour
The Bartlett Public Library has two positions open in our Circulation Department. The positions will be responsible for providing circulation of library materials and customer service to patrons.
- Check materials in and out of the library
- Process library card registrations and reserved items
- Assist patrons at the express check out and at the public computers
- Answer the telephone and redirect calls as required
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Shelve materials as needed
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Customer service and library experience preferred
- Experience with computers, Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with patrons and co-workers of all backgrounds
- Ability to work independently with limited directed supervision
This position is frequently required to stand and employee must be able to bend and stretch to move book carts up to 25 lbs and shelve materials.
Bartlett Public Library District
800 South Bartlett Road
Bartlett, IL 60103
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Positions available August 11, 2014.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The BPLD Career Networking Blog contains information regarding job fairs, local employment, and library job searching programs.
Links to sites for Library Jobs:
Illinois Library Association Jobline
American Library Association Joblist
MLS Career Central